7 DECEMBER 2022 / 8:30 AM / WHITE DOVE COFFEE
Attendees: Helena Shin (President), Cheryl Zeglin (Treasurer), Autumn Montoya (Secretary), & Dr. Carpenter, HOPS
CALL TO ORDER & WELCOME
Called to order at 8:30 am – Fairly informal meeting due to low attendance
Pizza Friday – Update from Melissa
- The Pizza Friday ParentSquare post is going live for sign-ups December 16th for January – March. There will be another one going up later for April-May to give parents more opportunities.
Passive Fundraisers – Autumn
- Box Tops for Education – 2S is currently in the lead.
- Will send out a monthly Parent Square reminding parents to scan and with info on the leaderboard. One went out to the Boosters group and one to the entire school.
Sees Candy Fundraiser – Update from Caryn
- We raised about $1,000!
Teacher Appreciation – Update from Caryn
- The next teacher appreciation event will be a Breakfast 12/14/22
Casino Night –
- Committee meeting to follow this meeting. We are slated for 2/4/23 at the Elks Lodge. Need to iron out more details. Committee meeting to follow this meeting.
- Helena is working with staff/teachers for live music. Hoping to have Brandon (bass), Dr. Martin (guitar), Ms. Millhouse (cello), Mr. Kies (drum), someone on keyboard?
Holiday Dinner for Teachers/Staff – Everyone
- The Aspen Room accidentally double booked so the school was able to get the Elks Lodge, BUT on a different date.
- It will be THIS Friday 12/9/22 6-8 pm
- We didn’t get out a request for teacher/staff donations from families in time so we will request they be dropped off at the school by Friday 12/16/22 which is a half day so the teachers can receive them that day and hopefully make it another special event for them.
- We will decorate
- Caryn is picking up Oregano’s which we are paying for
- Cheryl will pick up non-alcoholic drinks, plates, silverware, etc from Sams Club
- This is typically held around March (? 3/24/23) for K-4
- We need a committee. Melissa headed it up last year, perhaps she would be interested in doing that again this year?
OLD / UNFINISHED BUSINESS
Digital Sign – Dr. Carpenter
- Unfortunately, it seems that we will NOT be able to have a digital sign. Zoning requirements would require the sign is placed ON the school which is against BASIS Ed’s aesthetic requirements. At this point we are about 80/20 not able to do it… he will let us know if anything changes.
- We have a fairly large budget for this sign (approx $8,000), which was being planned for and funds raised for it pre-pandemic.
- What would we do with these funds if indeed we can’t put up the sign?
Generally, Boosters meetings will be held the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
We voted during the pandemic to put Pizza Friday funds toward the ATF. Per the school it is OK to use them for other school purposes/activities. We should take a vote when more members are in attendance.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 am. Casino Night Committee meeting to follow.
Thank you for attending!
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or suggestions, we look forward to seeing you at the next meeting!